Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogger Problems

I pre scheduled today's Weekend Reflection as well as the next several of weeks but they have been removed by Blogger because of some problems they were trying to fix. They say that they are working to restore the posts that were removed and really I hope they do. I'll give it some time. Please check back later. I really hope my posts show up soon! Fingers crossed.

I'll re do the posts later today if they don't show up. I guess it's better this happened now then next week when I'll be on the road.

Sorry
James

From blogger:

"What a frustrating day. We’re very sorry that you’ve been unable to publish to Blogger for the past 20.5 hours. We’re nearly back to normal — you can publish again, and in the coming hours posts and comments that were temporarily removed should be restored. Thank you for your patience while we fix this situation. We use Blogger for our own blogs, so we’ve also felt your pain.

Here’s what happened: during scheduled maintenance work Wednesday night, we experienced some data corruption that impacted Blogger’s behavior. Since then, bloggers and readers may have experienced a variety of anomalies including intermittent outages, disappearing posts, and arriving at unintended blogs or error pages. A small subset of Blogger users (we estimate 0.16%) may have encountered additional problems specific to their accounts. Yesterday we returned Blogger to a pre-maintenance state and placed the service in read-only mode while we worked on restoring all content: that’s why you haven’t been able to publish. We rolled back to a version of Blogger as of Wednesday May 11th, so your posts since then were temporarily removed. Those are the posts that we’re in the progress of restoring.

Again, we are very sorry for the impact to our authors and readers. We try hard to ensure Blogger is always available for you to share your thoughts and opinions with the world, and we’ll do our best to prevent this from happening again.

Posted by Eddie Kessler, Tech Lead/Manager, Blogger
"

12 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Looking forward to posting my reflections, James. Thanks for the update. The Blogger problem has had a lot of us in an uproar.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Jan said...

It's finally working. I dreaded that this might happen while I was gone for 3 weeks.

Sylvia K said...

Ah, it is good to be back online!! I may not be able to sign in as I have an appointment in about 45 minutes and will be gone for several hours, but I'll still sign in -- even if I am late! Thanks, as always, Jim, for the weekly fun!

Sylvia

'Tsuki said...

Yes I heard about those problems today ; there is not much to do... You're right, let's wait and see. I read on a french news website that is was due to the new user interface they are trying to update to replace the previous one : the update didn't work and they had to get back to the old one : there is quite a big chance that all datas between the 11th and today are just lost... But is not an official information given by blogger, so...

Let's hope for the best indeed.

(Sooooo ? Are you drawn in your moving boxes, or are you still breathing well ? ;D )

Gerald (SK14) said...

You should find that your "scheduled" post has reverted to "draft" mode - just "publish" it.

These thing happen - no good anyone getting in an uproar about it.

joo said...

Let's hope we'll be able to post again - looking forward to it:)
Happy weekend, James!

Dimple said...

I hope they get your posts back post-haste!

Fabien said...

Technical problem, no problem.
See all you're reflections next week.

Gattina said...

I could just post my "reflections"

Lesley said...

um, Wordpress. We are fine.

TexWisGirl said...

thanks for posting the message from blogger. i can only imagine the panic those folks must have been in!

Anonymous said...

You might want to consider switching to WordPress James. LOL